FIDM Fashion Club President Shadeh Jaberi of Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, California shares how she’s staying inspired during the coronavirus pandemic.
How are you personally staying inspired right now? I am staying inspired right now by finding ways to help those impacted by coronavirus in the community. Many small businesses are not able to advertise or gain a lot of customers due to COVID-19. I have been doing my best to start a program about what I am passionate about and help companies run their social media accounts. This really inspires me because I get to incorporate my skills to help small businesses who can benefit from it. I hope to inspire other students who are knowledgeable about something or have a skill that can be used to help others during this crisis. I believe we need to give back to our community any way we can right now and have some fun while doing it!
Are there specific brands or personalities you admire who are showing leadership during this health crisis? Yes, I admire David Dobrik and his whole Vlog Squad going around Los Angeles and making people smile. I watched a video where he and his team gave out electronics, clothes, and money to people, and just seeing the smiles on everyone’s faces when they got something made me realize we are just people who are in this together and have to support one another.
Do you have any tips for staying connected with fellow members during this challenging time? Here are ways to stay connected with your club members during this time:
- Schedule a classic Zoom meeting.
- Organize group chats on Instagram or iMessage.
- Create a social media account for your club and have your members do a tutorial or Instagram story takeover.
- Host a virtual fashion show (have each member make an outfit and film it and put it into one awesome video).
- Create a “Fashion Club Check.” Use this sound on TikTok (or make it) and have all your members duet it showing some of their favorite fashion pieces.
- Make an official FIDM Fashion Club Pinterest board where everyone in your club can contribute and add things to it.
- Start a fashion magazine where each member works on a different page and topic. Email it to your president, put it together, and you have an awesome ‘zine you can read through!
Tune in to our Instagram Stories @fidmfashionclub to see takeovers from FIDM Fashion Club Presidents.